Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pride

I am proud to be American. Yes, we have our problems, but I love & am proud of the country I was born in. For the London 2012 games, I will be cheering for Team USA in every event, and I was very emotional seeing the athletes waving the stars & stripes at the opening ceremony. I know that I cannot be the only one who gets emotional watching the games! There is something about nations from all over the world getting together in one place, and in spite of the competition, working together for one big event. When they show the top 3 of a sport on the podium accepting their medals & playing the national anthem, I cry! (Yes, I'm a huge baby!)

That being said, I was surprised by my level of emotion when Team Great Britain walked out during the opening ceremonies. I am not an expat, not a British subject, I am still an American citizen living here in England. Though, I am incredibly proud of my host country & the talented athletes representing Team GB.

I love this country, and I love these isles.


"I was not born for one corner, the world is my native land."

I am quite proud of my American roots, I am also a proud wanderer. I love this world & I will enjoy every opportunity I have of exploring everything it has to offer. 

Good luck to all athletes participating in the London 2012 Games, I know you will do your respective home nation & the world proud!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment