Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
A little overcast, but still a bit warm.

Things that make me happy: 
Crafting, running, antique shopping.

Book I'm reading:
Nature by Ralph Waldo Emerson

What's on my TV today: 
Layla and I are watching 'Hocus Pocus' because even though it's the first day of August I'm excited about Halloween!

On the menu for dinner:
Not sure yet. Probably some baked chicken & rice.


On my To Do List:

Mail in old passport so I can get my new one.
Mail care package to friend in Iraq.
Clean my kitchen.
Dig out Halloween boxes from storage closet.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
A few years ago my first attempt at twice baked potatoes (my husband's favorite food) went horribly wrong & they tasted horribly. After that I was deterred from ever making them again, but recently I tried once more & they turned out WONDERFUL! So I've been making those lately.



In the craft basket:
Still working on my vintage hankie bunting & I'm also crocheting & making yarn pompoms to piece together for unique bunting in my bedroom.

Looking forward to this week:
Getting everything on our checklist done so we can get our orders & we're one step closer to moving!

Tips and Tricks:
When you're working on crafts, but you have a little one that won't stay our of your hair find a way to involve them. Or make them feel involved by giving them your scrap supplies to work with. I was punching out paper hearts with a scrapbook tool so I was left with a lot of scrap paper with hearts throughout, so I gave those to Layla to play with and she got creative in her own way by making a "birdie nest" & sat on it while watching a movie. SO CUTE!



My favorite blog post this week: 
My cousin over at Beard and Braids has been blogging more recently & she has been contemplating some ideas for how she is going to decorate the new place her & her husband are moving into soon. She posted a picture of a corner of a room that I just LOVE!


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I haven't found anything new recently.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




Lesson learned the past few days:
Patience is a virtue. Something I have to remind myself daily.

On my mind:
Our big move. I'm really looking forward to it, and it feels like it's approaching fast, but I'm really trying to stay mindful & enjoy the time I have left here in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment