Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Obsession

I often find myself spending far too much time browsing the handmade/vintage selling website called etsy.  I love this website! I spend a lot of time looking through the massive amounts of vintage treasures and homemade goodies.  I have found quite a few unique items I have purchased, and I've decorated my home with some one-of-a-kind items. Lately I've been obsessed with an artist who goes by the name Katie Daisy & sells her beautiful masterpieces in a shop she calls 'The Wheatfield'

This is one of those rare shops that makes it difficult to pick one favorite piece. I love everything she has created. Everything! I wish Katie Daisy would transfer her beautiful artwork onto fabric so I can make pillows & blankets & curtains & aprons!

You may have noticed the whimsical, flowery '&' on the right side of my blog; that is a Katie Daisy masterpiece! It's one of my favorites, but I haven't purchased it yet. Just give it time and I'm sure it will be hanging on my walls in a lovely frame.


The above print is by far my favorite of Katie Daisy's work. I adore Ralph Waldo Emerson, and this is one of my favorite quotes by him. This print was one of the very first ones I purchased. I'm not 100% sure as where in my home I'm going to hang this, but for now I have it sitting on a pile of my vintage suitcases in my workroom.

If you enjoy the whimsy side of nature you should mosey on over to The Wheatfield on etsy & maybe even check out her facebook page & blog
I promise you'll be inspired by her rustic art & photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment