Saturday, July 30, 2011

She's Spooky & She's Kooky

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I go all out decorating my entire home, and I love sitting out on the driveway or porch in a lawn chair handing out candy to all the adorable monsters & witches and super heroes & princesses. It's gotten even bigger for us every year since Layla was born as she becomes more aware of the festivities around her. Last year was the first year she was really starting to understand what was going on & I was devastated at the fact that we were in the process of our move from Nebraska to California. I had no home to decorate & we had no neighborhood to go trick-or-treating in. We had made it to California the week before Halloween, but we wouldn't be able to move into our home until the first week of November. Well, the Halloween lover in me would not stand for it! Jeremy knew the neighborhood we would be living in, so I dressed Layla up as Cinderella & grabbed a Halloween themed bag to go trick or treating.


I was saddened by the fact that I couldn't decorate my home or throw a Halloween party for friends, but I just kept telling myself that I'll be settled in a new home next year & I'll be able to dust off my spooky decor to display for the entire month.

Well, we got our orders, and since we're moving overseas, things aren't moving as quickly as I'd like it to. Jeremy has to re-enlist, then go TDY to another base for some re-qualification, & only after that can we leave for England. So for the entire month of October all of my Halloween decorations will be in crates making it's way across the Atlantic to our new home in Suffolk.

& again I am devastated.

At this point in time August is approaching us. If you know anything about the bay area in California you know it stays a comfortably chill climate all year round...so technically it feels like Autumn...so...maybe...why not? Start decorating for Halloween in August & then take the decor down when the movers get here in September?! I THINK YES!!!

Actually, I'm still a little on the fence about it since I didn't think I'd be needing my decor at all I put it in the way back of our storage closet. I don't really want to dig all the way through there and have to rearrange my boxes all over again, but I think it might just be worth it!

Cheers,
Jenna

P.S. I hope you don't think I cover my house in bright orange & black with glittery, cartoony pumpkins, spiders, and monsters. No, I have more subtle decor with a hint of gothic macabre.

No comments:

Post a Comment