Monday, March 12, 2012

It's Monday!!

The Weather::
We had a nice, sunshiney day yesterday so Layla, Jer, & I took advantage of it by heading out of doors. We didn't go far, Jer put together our patio table as well as Layla's climber, so on our next sunny day I'll be able to enjoy a nice cuppa while Layla plays on her slide. I also tried to take Layla for her first bike ride in England, but she was scared of bugs and cars. She even tried to get us to let her hold onto her plastic golf club so she could swing it at any bugs she might see, but she's not a good enough rider for that. We made it about a block away, but had to turn around because she kept screaming.
Today it was supposed to be partly sunny, but we have yet to see anything but grey skies.

On My Reading Pile::
I'm a little indecisive on what I'm going to read next. Just yesterday I went through all of my books, organizing them on my shelves while rearranging furniture, & a few titles caught my eye. Some I've never read, some I would love to read again.

On My T.V.::
Big Fat Gypsy Weddings
Sherlock
Whitechapel

On The Menu This Week::
Layla and I made healthy, baked chicken nuggets for lunch yesterday, & they were a big hit for all 3 of us, so I think I'll make a huge batch this week to reheat when the craving strikes again!
I'd really like to try spaghetti squash.
Beef Stir Fry
Chicken Lo Mein
I've been craving really good chinese food, and I haven't been able to find any decent take-away in our area, so I'm going to try some recipes I've found online.

Looking Forward To This Week::
De-cluttering and maybe starting a new project. It's been a while since I've done any embroidery, so I may do something fun. & St. Patrick's Day! We're not doing anything extravagant, but I'm going to make Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for Jer's co-workers!

On My To-Do List::
De-clutter (story of my life)
Layla's writing lessons (though, I don't think we're going to do that today since she's sick on the couch and I don't think she'll really be up for it.)
Vacuum

What I'm Crocheting or Creating::
Nothing! I finally finished my ripple blanket last night! Ever since I tied the last loop & declared "It's done!" Layla demanded to be wrapped in it. She snuggled up in it & fell asleep with it last night. Then this morning she woke up sick & she's been cuddling in her new ripple blanket on the couch watching Disney Junior. I don't know what my next project will be, but I will probably start making stuff for my shop soon.

Looking Around The House::
Clutter.
Ugh.
& I hate this house. I hated it when we first saw it, then when we got all of our stuff I really tried to be optimistic about everything and hoped that once I had my own furniture and belongings I'd feel better about it, but no matter how hard I try I just hate this house. I will never like it & I can't wait to move out of it.
I'm going to try really hard to de-clutter & get rid of things we just don't use or don't use often enough. Also try to figure out a better storage situation; clean out drawers and cupboards to make room for the things we actually use.
This will make living here a little easier, and it will make things easier when we finally move out of this house.

From The Camera::
Layla wrapped up in my finished ripple blanket. My poor little sicky.


Favourite Blog Post This Week::
From Lucy at Attic24 posted about the Sunshine we had this weekend. I think the whole country got a glimpse of Mr. Sun yesterday!


Something Fun To Share::
I know that with the hustle and bustle of everyday life & the stress that often creeps uninvited into our lives can slowly, but surely disconnect us from the important things in life. I don't have to put much effort into making time for family, but it is important to plan "unplugged" time together. No T.V., no phones, no computers. Just us. Playing out of doors, playing a game inside, any type of fun, playtime. It's important that children engage in fun activities with their family & it's very important that they know they have your full attention. So go ride bikes, or help them bake something fun!!

1 comment:

  1. feel better layla!! love the blanket...soooo pretty! we need to catch up...these time zone things are killing me.

    ReplyDelete